Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Who's the real Iron Man?



It's not RGIII, as you may suspect, but inside linebacker London Fletcher. Why, you may ask? 240 straight games. That's right, despite being in contact with 2000 running backs, tight ends, and quarterbacks, he is like the Energizer Bunny - he takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

I started my working career in the United States Air Force. I spent 23 years there and never missed a day of work. Yes, I did get sick in those 23 years - three times to the best of my recollection - but I was still on the job.


My first illness occurred in Vietnam. I have no idea what it is called there, but in the rest of the world it is known as Delhi Belly or Montezuma's Revenge. I got it from unwashed salad. Despite frequent trips to the loo the next day, I was on the job. The Food Services Superintendent called me in and chewed me out for slacking. I just kept my mouth shut and let him rant and rave in stupidity. I am proud to say that when the day came for me to be Food Services Superintendent, I was a better man. I still got my butt chewed by the Commander, but it was because I would not come down like a ton of bricks on some poor Airman that was just trying to fit in.


Remember the time when President George H. W. Bush puked his guts out all over Japanese Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa's lap? They call that Bushu-suru. I didn't have a Prime Minister available, but I had the same ailment when I was in Tampa. I went to the hospital on Friday afternoon and was out Saturday morning. They told me to watch what I ate or drank, so I put milk in my scotch until I was better.

The third time I got sick was in Phoenix after a trip to the dentist to get my wisdom teeth out. It took four hours to remove two teeth. They had rounded tops and the instrument couldn't grasp them, so they had to be broken apart. Four hours in the chair with my jaw being stretched to the limit. Fortunately, the Novocaine held until that evening, and I was back to work the net day.

Take that Cal Ripken, Jr! I didn't have an off season to rest.





If you don't like the rules, then just change them to suit your prejudices. That is the policy of the Lake County School Board. The Christofascists on the board are moving heaven and earth to make sure that no LGBT students have an opportunity to meet and help each other in the face of constant bullying.

A Gay-Straight Alliance empowers students to advocate for safe schools policies, mobilize their peers to stand up for safety and equality, and train teachers to stop bullying.

Now, what could be wrong with that?



Update:

I finally got my room cleaned and I think it looks great.

I have currently lost 22 pounds, and am still working hard on losing more.

I have read 20 books in the first half of the year.

Those are completed goals. I still have a lot of goals that need work!

No comments:

Post a Comment