Sunday, September 29, 2013

Terrapins in Florida this week

I haven't written anything in a couple of months. I certainly haven't written about sports, but feel a real need to do so today.

While I look to a great season for the Maryland Terrapins, I really only hope for victory in one game. The 4-0 Terrapins travel to Tallahassee this weekend to meet the 4-0 Seminoles. I cannot think of a better game to be watching, and certainly the best match-up in years. Maryland has not been 4-0 in 12 years!

This week Florida State beat a team that won just two games last season and finished last in the conference's Atlantic Division. Maryland, on the other hand, is off a 37-0 victory over a team that just beat No.11 Oklahoma State. After the loss the Cowboys dropped to No. 21.


Maryland is currently a 17 point underdog in this match-up. They cracked the Top 25 at No. 25 for the first time since 2008. This is the first time since 2006 that they have faced a ranked team as a ranked team. A loss will drop them back into obscurity.

17-point underdog. Do I want to rack up 8 hours on the road to see the game, or just watch it on TV? The Gaylord Palms in Orlando has the biggest screen outside Cowboy Stadium - a two-story, 37-foot sports screen! And, I can catch the Orlando Pride Parade afterwards. I think that is a no-brainer.

I'm not a big NFL fan, but I do like the Dolphins. They take on New Orleans this Monday night. Unfortunately, I think their 3-0 streak is about to end. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment