Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Resolutions Update

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted. I did not plan any regular updates, not even once a week. I just wanted to get it down when the mood strikes me.

I am not exactly setting the world on fire with my resolutions for the new year. I am making progress. I finished a book this week. It is a whole lot easier to finish one when it's a Jack Reacher mystery than Team of Rivals.

I resolved to exercise 13 minutes every day. I have not done that exactly. I do work out 30 minutes 3 times a week with a trainer, and I did walk an hour yesterday, so I am averaging more than 13 minutes a day. I have a race on my schedule for March, so I have to get in shape. Does anyone have a GoPro Hero I can borrow?

I'll be able to add a cultural event this weekend. No, not the Superbowl, but the Mount Dora Art Festival. Always a great was to kill a couple of hours - and you get exercise, too.


I got home today and found a bag with what looked like dog poop on my lawn. Must have been my neighbors. They must have seen some poop on their lawn and thought one of my evil demons had left it. I think I'll get them a sign for their yard.

Speaking of poop, I see where actor Jason London denies defecating in cop car during arrest. Who does he think he is- Ted Nugent?




And, speaking of Ted Nugent, local gun dealers are reporting sales have quadrupled in the past month. Quadrupled! One says you can't even get a spot in the parking lot at lunchtime. So, is ex-Senator Truck Nutz, owner of one of these stores, sending a personal thank you note to President Obama for making him richer. They blame him for the opportunity they have to gouge the gullible and make obscene profits, so they should be thanking him, too.



I can't believe I am watching The Greatest Superbowl Commercials of all Time. Will they be taking commercial breaks to show some football? We complain about commercials, and then we sit down to watch an hour of them. Are we nuts? No, I just wanted to see Catrinel Menghia again.

I can stare at Catrinel while Windows 8 is downloading. I am expecting a steep learning curve, but I want to upgrade to Office 365, and I'm assured it works much better with Windows 8. Sounds reasonable, so we;ll find out.